This easy one pot curry is great to make in bulk, either for a big gathering or simply to see you through the week. And of course you can improvise as much as like like, switch the veggies up, add some chickpeas, try with tofu (or chicken if you’re not veggie). Feel free to comment below with your favourite add ins!
Prep time: 12 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
1 1/2 Tbsp Three By One coconut oil
1 medium shallot (minced)
2 Tbsp minced fresh ginger
2 Tbsp minced garlic
1 small red chili thinly sliced
1 large red pepper thinly sliced
3 Tbsp red Thai curry paste
3 1/2 cups peeled and cubed pumpkin
6 Tbsp Three By One creamed coconut butter blended with 3 cups hot water (or use 2 cans of Three By One coconut milk)
2 Tbsp Three By One coconut sugar
1 tsp Three By One turmeric powder
1 pinch sea salt (~1/4 tsp)
1 Tbsp Three By One coconut aminos
1 cup chopped broccoli
2 Tbsp lemon juice
2/3 cup roasted cashews
1. Heat a large pot over medium heat. Once hot, add coconut oil, shallot, ginger, garlic, & pepper. Sauté for 2-3 minutes, stirring frequently.
2. Add pepper & curry paste & stir. Cook for 2 minutes, then add pumpkin & stir. Cook for 2 minutes more.
3. Add creamed coconut butter/water mix, coconut sugar, turmeric, sea salt, & coconut aminos and stir. Bring to a simmer over medium heat.
4. Once simmering, reduce heat to low & cover.
5. Cook for 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally, to soften the pumpkin.
6. Taste & adjust the flavour of the sauce/broth as needed.
7. Once the sauce is well seasoned & the pumpkin is tender, add broccoli, lemon juice, & cashews. Cover & simmer for 3-4 minutes more.
Serve over rice, quinoa, or cauliflower rice.
Leftovers will keep in the fridge for 3-4 days or in the freezer for 1 month. Reheat on the stovetop or in the microwave until hot.