40 OF OUR FAVOURITE USES FOR COCONUT OIL
1. Cooking - use it to sauté, stir-fry, roast, bake or as a vegan replacement for butter.
2. Makeup Remover - just a teaspoon is enough to remove all your makeup, even waterproof mascara.
3. Massage Oil - massage & soothe tired sore muscles, add essential oils for more effects.
4. Moisturiser - soften & hydrate all skin types, even rough & damaged skin.
5. Lip Balm - hydrate & soothe lips.
6. Pet Health - great both externally & internally, improves breath, coat health & joint problems, or use to clean ears, get rid of fleas etc.
7. Nappy Rash - 100% natural solution for your baby's bottom.
8. Shaving Oil - keep your razor gliding smoothly while softening & soothing skin.
9. Toothpaste - make your own natural whitening & protecting toothpaste by combining coconut oil, baking soda, & a few drops of peppermint essential oil.
10. Conditioner - massage into dry hair & leave for 10 minutes or more to give a deeply nourishing condition, double shampoo with hot water to remove.
11. Energy - coconut oil is a great energy source, the kind of fat your body burns rather than stores, a spoonful can give you a boost when needed.
12. Deodorant - make your own natural deodorant by combining coconut oil, baking soda, cornflour, & a few drops of essential oils.
13. Skin conditions- naturally relieve itchiness, pain & flakiness of eczema, psoriasis, & dermatitis.
14. Oil pulling - one tablespoon swished around your mouth & through your teeth for 20 minutes a day improves mouth, gum, & tooth health, & helps to remove toxins from your blood stream.
15. Fitness - boost energy, increase metabolism, improve thyroid function, & aid in healthy fat loss.
16. Breast feeding - repair & soothe sore, cracked nipples, or apply before feeding to ease the process.
17. Acne - naturally antibacterial, dab directly on spots & pimples for immediate relief.
18. Cleanser - massage over face & wash off with a hot face cloth to remove the day's grime.
19. Stretch Marks - help prevent stretch marks by applying daily during pregnancy, or reduce the appearance of existing stretch marks by regularly massaging into the affected area.
20. Face Scrub - combine with baking soda, oatmeal, or fine sugar for a natural scrub, essential oils optional.
21. Body Scrub - combine with sugar crystals, sea or rock salt, or coffee grounds for an exfoliating scrub.
22. Appetite - a spoonful before meals can help to stop overeating, or a spoonful mid-afternoon can curb that sugar or chocolate craving.
23. Athlete's foot - naturally anti fungal, rub into the affected area, add a drop of tea tree oil for further natural benefits.
24. Lice - coconut oil kills lice & allows for easy removal, smear on where necessary & comb out.
25. Dandruff - massage regularly into the scalp to reduce the symptoms.
26. Sore Throat - dissolve a spoonful in your mouth then swallow to soothe the throat, boost the health of mucus membranes, & fight infections.
27. Ring Worm - rub into the affected area, add tea tree oil if desired.
28. Chewing gum & sticky label removal - rub in & wipe off to get gum out of hair, carpets, etc. or to get rid of those pesky sticky marks left after label removal.
29. Styes/eye infections - gently smooth a small amount around the eye area & over lids to fight the infection.
30. Cradle cap - baby safe, smooth over your baby's head to reduce soreness.
31. Aftershave - soothe sensitive skin & promote healing of any damaged areas.
32. Chicken pox/mosquito bites - apply topically to stop the itching & heal the skin, reducing the chances of scarring, works on all kinds of bites, stings, wounds.
33. Yeast Infections - take internally & apply topically to fight all kinds of fungal infection.
34. Eye Cream - reduce puffiness & dark circles with a couple of dabs of oil.
35. Sunburn - soothe & relieve the after burn & promote healing of damaged skin cells, rub all over for instant relief.
36. Acid Reflux - a small spoonful at mealtimes can help to reduce acid reflux & heartburn.
37. Bone Health - coconut oil helps in absorption of calcium & magnesium, both important minerals for bone & tooth health.
38. Brain Health - studies suggest that coconut oil as part of a keto diet can help to reduce symptoms of epilepsy, alzheimer's disease, & other brain diseases.
39. Lubricant - use as a natural replacement for KY jelly or other lubricants.
40. DIY Lubricant - replace WD40 when oiling hinges & other household items, especially good if you have pets that are likely to lick things.